If you have installed the SCCM agent of a recent Technical Preview Build on a client it is not possible to push the current branch agent to it. I tested this with TP 1706 / CB 1702 and with TP 1707 / CB 1706.
This does not work even if the options Always install the client and Uninstall existing Configuration Manager client before the client is installed are selected.
As you can see in the log the request is skipped because a newer agent version is already installed.
You have to manually uninstall the Technical Preview agent before pushing from the CB console
I recently ran into the problem that the task sequence I wanted to test won’t show up in the SCCM Software Center. I checked for a common misconfiguration like
- Deployment schedule
- Configuration Manager Client active
- Client in the correct collection
- Deployment deployed to the correct collection
- Client in a boundary with a distribution point
- Packages deployed to the Distribution Point
- Check the _SCCLient_%USER%.log, LocationServices.log, PolicyAgent.log, PolicyEvaluator.log,…
But all this was configured correct or did not show any errors.
I found out after some time that my colleague was still logged on to this computer. After logging him off the Deployments appeared as expected in the Software Center.
Knowing what to look for I found this thread:
Technet: Applications but not Programs showing in Software Centre
What have I learned:
Check if you have the lowest session ID when multiple sessions exist!